Saturday, November 23, 2013

Cranberry Sauce


This past Sunday I picked up a bag of fresh cranberries from Target for $1.99, which seemed like a good price to me even though it was my first time buying them.  This got me thinking about what to do with them.  Since this is my first year as the primary cook and I have a lot to make in a short period of time, I don't want to attempt anything too ambitious.  I'll also be working and busy with some other things all the way up to Thanksgiving Eve, so I'm choosing to keep it simple with the recipes.  Here's what I'll be using:  

Cranberry Relish (simplyrecipes.com
Cranberry Apple Sauce (marthastewart.com)


Relish Shopping List
Fresh cranberries
2 Tart Apples
Large Seedless Orange 
Granulated Sugar

Apple Sauce Shopping List
Fresh cranberries
3 lbs of apples (Gala, Golden Delicious, McIntosh)
Lemon
Cinnamon Stick 

*You should be able to make both with one bag of cranberries.

Have you ever made fresh cranberry sauce, or do you stick to the canned sauce?


Image Source: Simply Recipes
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig