Tuesday, December 31, 2013

December Purchases

      


  

I spent more than I would have anticipated this month, but I ended up picking up some basics that will last me through the year.  My best shopping trip was yesterday at the Loft, where I picked up three pairs of much needed dress pants for work (navy, black, and grey), a cardigan, and a pretty printed top for less than the cost of one pair of pants (less than $57!).  I also managed to get the black Malcet boots from Nine West for half price during a pre-black Friday sale.  I've been eyeballing them since October and was in need of a dressy black boot, so I'm glad I was able to get them for a more reasonable price.  They didn't come in until December, so I included them with this month's purchases.  The jeweled shoulder sweater and bracelet were Christmas presents to myself picked up on Christmas Eve.  Again, the overall total is more than I'm used to spending, but I managed to get some key pieces out of the way, so I don't anticipate spending as much in the coming months.  I've also been purging my wardrobe for the last two months, so I have a ton to sell and donate.  For the coming year my plan is to use the money I make from sales specifically to fund future purchases.  I'm also working on a list of pieces to add or upgrade in my wardrobe to better guide my spending.      

After savings on savings on savings, here we go:

Blanket Coat in Wine Country (Old Navy) - $21.79
Canvas Military Style Anorak (Old Navy) - $33
Malcet Boot in Black (Nine West) - $94.50
'Kilty' Suede Moccasin (Minnetonka) - $39.99

Mosaic Print Ruffle Front Shell (Loft) - $16
Cream Pointelle Detail 3/4 Sleeve Cardigan (Loft) - $7.88
Jeweled Shoulder Sweater (J.Crew) - $70.00
Crosby Stretch Slim Pant (New York and Company) - $23.48
Loft Pants: Marissa Bootcut and Straight Legs - $16, $12.88, $12.88

Bracelet (J.Crew) - $10.49
Patent Narrow Buckle Belt (J.Crew) - $6.99

Total: $365.88 - $85 Christmas cash = $280.88

Linking up with Fran for Budgeting Bloggers.
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I love that military jacket you got! It seems a lot of people got similar jackets this month and I am so jealous. I need to find one for a good price! And I love those pretty black boots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quality was much better than I expected, so I definitely recommend giving the jacket a try! And I stalked those boots for a few months, and they're very comfortable. I don't have much tolerance for heels, and I find they're just enough and run true to size.

      Delete
  2. I have those same moccs and I adore them, I hope you love them! I love that military jacket too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although I'd admired them for a bit, they were a little bit of an impulse buy while Christmas shopping, but I'm glad I did. They've become my favorite new weekend shoe! So, yes!

      Delete
  3. the pieces you got are going to be so versatile throughout the entire year. I love my green cargo jacket and wear it constantly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm definitely looking forward to wearing all these pieces!

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig