Monday, December 2, 2013

November Purchases

Here's my first time participating in Fran's Budgeting Bloggers linkup, and I have to say that I currently don't have a clothing budget.  I typically shop sales and try to get as many discounts and use as many rewards as possible.  I don't shop consistently; it's more in spurts here and there based off of things I "need" and deals I find.  While everything I purchased this month was reduced, looking at the total it certainly doesn't feel that way.  I usually do much better with the sales and my thrift finds.  I'm not sure whether or not I'll set an actual budget, but I think this will be a great way for me to keep track of my purchases and to encourage me to spend less collectively.  Since the holiday sales can be so good, I may start fresh with a budget next year.  I also have some major selling to do.  I'm hoping to get much of my November and December purchases covered with that, so I can start my year off fresh.  





I must say my J.Crew Colorblock Field Jacket is my favorite purchase of the bunch.  It was the only personal purchase I made over the Thanksgiving/Black Friday/whatever they're calling it now Saturday, so I feel pretty good about it.  Originally $198, tag reduced to $99, and I ended up with it for $70.  It also has a nice corduroy collar, which will be nice for wearing it without the hood.  The fabric is a little stiff, but maybe it will keep the wind out?  Either way, the fit is flattering, I like the colors, and the details.  It will probably be one of my new favorite jackets, perfect with a sweater underneath for chilly days. 

Purchased
Gap Black Pants (old, final sale) - $15.97


Gap Polka Dot Blouse - $21.99

J.Crew Medium Leopard Pouch - $17.99
Silver Bracelet - $22

Total: $262.64

Gifted
BCBG Chevron Skirt (Thrifted)

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Stopping by from the linkup! I'm glad you joined the budgeting bloggers this month! You got some really beautiful items! And I'm a little jealous of the cool stuff you got given to you this month too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ashley! Thanks for stopping by! I can definitely tell this is going to be a great way for me to track and be more conscious of my purchases. And I'm always interested in the deals everyone else manages to find.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig