Sunday, January 5, 2014

flour·ish /ˈfləriSH/


It's funny how the end of the year always brings about reflection, a time for looking back at lessons learned, moments of joy, losses, gains, and things to come.  I don't think I could ever capture the fullness of 2013 in words.  A year that started off with me knowing what the year would not bring was also a year full of surprises and grace for the year to come; a year in which I truly learned what it meant to be given beauty for ashes.

So what are my resolutions, my firm and purposeful decisions for the upcoming year?  As if there aren't enough lists out there, here's one more.  With less than 360 days left, I resolve:
1. To grow well or luxuriantly; thrive
2. To do or fare well; prosper
3. To be in a period of highest productivity, excellence, or influence
4. To make bold, sweeping movements
In one word: to flourish.

I am thankful for those who have been on this journey with me and for all those to come, and I hope that all who endeavor to do the same will see the fulfillment of their wildest dreams!  

(Source: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/flourish)
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I love the word you chose! Such a perfect word for this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great resolutions! Wishing you the best for 2014

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! You too, and thanks for stopping by :-)

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig