Thursday, January 30, 2014

January Additions


This has been a pretty light month for shopping, and as much as I'd like to start tackling my wishlist this is a nice change of pace from my last few months of spending.  This month I've added a much needed skinny black patent belt.  The one I currently have is 4 years+ old, which wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't literally falling a part.  Even though the replacement belt is over $20 more than the original, which only cost $2 bucks at a discount shoe store, I consider this to be a wardrobe basic.  It's also a piece that I'll wear so often I'll definitely get my money's worth.  As for the jewelry, I've purged a ton of old things I no longer wear, and these are just some sweet additions.  The monogrammed earrings were a total steal, only $3.50 to start with, and I ended up getting them with a coupon and free shipping.  I've never had a white necklace before, and while I thought this piece would look beautiful in the summer, I'm looking forward to see how I can incorporate it into outfits all year.  Finally, I'll be picking up the unpictured Zara dress from the store in a few days, and I hope it fits well.  I'd like to get a few more casual dresses that I can dress up for work.

2014, here we go: 

Purchased
American Eagle Monogram 'E' Earrings - $2.90 (here)
Zara Ribbed Grey Dress $19.99
Factory J.Crew Cameo Chandelier Necklace - $24.50 (here)
Factory J.Crew Superskinny Patent Belt - $18.50 (here)

+7.88 shipping and tax

Total = $73.77




Gifted
Solid Merona Scarf (Target)
J. Crew Star Necklace
Zip Back Sweater in Raspberry Splash (Loft)
Animal Jacquard Knit Pencil Skirt (Loft)

Again, this month I've been blessed with some lovely new pieces, including this lovely star necklace I've been eyeballing since before Christmas! Thanks Mom!

Linking up with Fran's Budgeting Bloggers!

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Your necklace is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. LOVE that J.Crew white necklace! Looks a lot like the one I got in my Wantable jewelry box this month...but I like yours better actually! :-)
    Valerie
    www.the-style-files.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I'm sure yours is lovely too. How are you planning on wearing it? that would make a great post if you have any suggestions :-)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. me too, thanks! I had to snap a real life photo b/c the online pic didn't do it justice :-)

      Delete
  4. Those necklaces are so pretty! And you got some great gifts this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Ashley! You always have some lovely pieces yourself :-)

      Delete
  5. I haven't bought any of the necklaces from J. Crew Factory, but now you've piqued my interest for sure! Great finds this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The white chandelier necklace is gorgeous, even better then the picture. I'm really surprised. I'll be posting a picture of it soon!

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig