Thursday, February 13, 2014

Snow Day Plans


When I knew I'd probably have off from work today I had all kinds of wild thoughts running through my mind of what to do with the time.  I went to the market after my late night because I thought I'd get a bag of wings and make use of some Pinterest pins.  I was wrong.  The supermarket was a wasteland.  I thought I'd try out a parmesean crusted Tilapia recipe.  I also thought I'd get a loaf of French bread and make Paula Deen's French Toast Casserole for breakfast.  I was wrong. There were no wings, no tilapia, no bread, no nothing (kidding, they had a few things I needed just not these and certaintly no meat!).  Luckily my mom stopped at the market earlier and picked up some fresh bread, so I thought there was hope for my french toast.  When I got home, we realized it was actually garlic Italian bread, and there went that dream.  Then I thought maybe I'll make some bread, until I found that the yeast was about a year past the "best by" date.  As the novice baker I am, I thought I'd try it anyway (does yeast expire?), but then I realized I didn't have an 1/8 teaspoon measuring spoon.  As you can imagine that project ended there.  

So, what did I end up doing?  Lounging around the house, eating leftovers with the 'rents, tackling a pile of new magazines, and being extremely grateful I'm not out in the cold!  While I didn't do what I set out to, it definitely beats being stuck outside.  Looking over the events of the past day make me realize just how blessed I am to have family, shelter, heat, electricity, and all the little things that I sometimes take for granted.

Chicken gone. 

Shout out to the deserted bundt cake and lone pack of unwanted beef.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." -John Lennon

How do you keep busy during a snow storm?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Okay that is crazy! I heard the grocery stores were wastelands but I had not seen pictures. I'm glad you had some food to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha me too! The meat section was definitely in the worst shape! They still had plenty of dry and frozen foods, but things like milk, bread and eggs were pretty much gone.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig