Monday, April 7, 2014

Flourish: April 2014



Journaling and stocking up on thank you cards w/ these Target goodies. 

This month I'm going to continue with my projects for the new year, a big one being eliminating waste.  This includes getting rid of things I no longer use or need as making the most of what I already have.  I also want to focus on establishing better habits, especially where physical fitness is concerned.  Here's a few of things I'll be focusing on this month:

Improve my morning routine.  Prep lunch the night before to save time in the morning.  Eat breakfast at home (instead of dry granola or Kashi bars at my desk).  Get on more of a schedule that includes some morning yoga
Weekly wardrobe.  Style outfits a week at a time and keep track of what I'm actually wearing to identify holes in my wardrobe and things I don't wear/need.  Limit the desire for more by working with what I already have. 
Sell.  Post at least 2 items a week on Ebay until I get rid of everything I don't need.  Take a trip to the consignment shop to drop off a few pieces that will sell better there.
Read More.  My list of books read compared to the list of books I want to read has grown disproportionately.  I'd like to do as much reading as possible while I have the time.  My goal is a book a week, starting by finishing up these.
Create. With a ton of recipes and DIY ideas from magazine clippings and pins, I want to start actually using them.  I have here and there, but I've collected so many I know I've forgotten what I have.  Time to revisit some of these good ideas and put them to use. 

How will you flourish this month?
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Loved reading about your goals - I'm a huge fan of the ebay one. Such a great way to get rid of stuff you don't wear and make a few bucks in the process! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these goals! The morning routine one has been something that I have been working on for a long time - I'm such a night owl, but I want to be more of a morning person so badly!

    I wanted to let you know that I answered your question about the maxi skirt in my blog post! I tried to email you a response, but your blog isn't linked to email, so I just answered it in the comment section. Let me know if you have any other questions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your goals are so inspirational, and I like that you included easy ways to work towards accomplishing each one. (I need to take note of that bc I often feel overwhelmed by all the personal things I feel I want to improve upon.) Also, I've been working through an instructional yoga book you might like: Total Yoga by Tara Fraser (blog post: http://www.joyandsunshine.com/blog/2014/04/02/book-total-yoga/).

    Love your blog! It's so positive and uplifting, and I always learn something :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! Your words are very encouraging and means a lot esp. from one of my favorite bloggers. And yes I'll check that out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig