Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Neutrals, Dots, and Navy





While it can be easy to get pulled into following the latest trends, it's even better to buy a few classic, quality pieces.  This way they can be mixed and matched with items you already have and be worn for multiple seasons.  This month I was able to knock a few pieces off my wishlist, and what I like the most is that any of them can be thrown together to make an instant outfit.

Lace Blouse (BR Factory)
Polka Dot Pencil Skirt (Loft)
Sleeveless Shift Dress (Old Navy)
Distressed, Bf Jeans (Gap Outlet)
1969 Cuffed Always Skinny Jeans (Gap)
Gladiator Sandals, Circus by Sam Edelman (Zappos)

Tan Belt (J. Crew)
Market Tote (J. Crew)
Gold Watch (Fossil)
Blue/Silver Necklace (Old Navy)


Linking up with Fran's Budgeting Bloggers!
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Cute items! I love the Sam Edelman sandals :) Those were a great purchase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They go with everything.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. and only $10 bucks! (40% off sale price+$20 reward), I lost a few receipts and got lazy this time so I didn't even bother doing the math for all this, but I remember that one ahaha.

      Delete
  3. I love that dress from Old Navy - what a pretty pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must have tried on a zillion dresses when I bought it, and that was the only one that fit! It looks more expensive then it is.

      Delete
  4. ooh, i love those cuffed jeans! and that bag - fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lady! I debated for a while about the bag b/c I thought it was a bit much for something sooo seasonal, but I figured it's a classic piece I can have for years so I bought it during a 25% off promo.

      Delete
  5. I agree, it's so easy to get sucked into the trends. I am trying to invest in more classic pieces, or pieces that are "me", and less trendy items myself. I think you did a great and found some lovely items!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Sammi! and yes I totally agree, doing a little bit of a wardrobe revamp myself :-)

      Delete
  6. I love that lace blouse! Super pretty. I'm always tempted to buy way too many trendy items, but I still try to make sure I get some use out of them.

    Katie | Style Diary

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig