Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Style Staples: Belts


When shopping I try to look for items that have versatility and that will easily move from season to season.  Seventy-five percent of my wardrobe is kept out year round, and belts are definitely some of those perennial pieces.  Belts with beading, patterns, and multiple colors are always great to have and can make it easy to pull together an outfit on days when you're lacking outfit inspiration.  They have a way of making even the most plain pieces look polished.  They're also a great way to experiment with trends like neon colors or snakeskin, without spending too much on pieces that aren't necessarily basics.

Wardrobe Essentials:
Patent Black Belt
Red Belt 
Brown / Nude Belt
Multicolored Belt
Animal Print Belt (Leopard / Snakeskin)
 
 {via}

{via}

Check out these great tutorials on how to wear your belts:

Can you think of any more?  What's your "go-to" belt style and color?

 Linking up with Sarah @ TuckerUp.

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Belts... I'm not sure I even own 1! They are so cute - and there are so many ways to style them, but they just do not work for me :) I wish they did because your pink one is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, it was a final sale item at the Loft for <$5 a while ago...and there must be one that works for you somewhere, I'm hopeful that you'll find it!

      Delete
  2. I've become a bit of a belt convert- I love 'em now, and hardly ever used to wear them. Love to wrap one around dresses! :)

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I've totally gotten back into wearing them more. It instantly makes you look well put together...wear them over cardigans too!

      Delete
  3. i'm not the best with belts, though i am trying! i never used to wear any, now i wear them sometimes.. i struggle the most with the waist one - never know where it is supposed to sit to not make me look pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should sit at the smallest part of your waist. If they're not working for you with looser/flowy tops/dresses, wear them with something fitted like a sheath dress or fitted blouse to help define your waist. You should see a small dip at your sides, and the belt should sit about there...keep playing around with it until you find something that works ;-)

      Delete
  4. Gosh you are so stylish! I looked at all of the cute belts at Target the other day and almost got one or two but backed out because I couldn't think of outfits for them. I'm sure if I had them, I could use them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can never go wrong with neutrals!

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig