Sunday, June 29, 2014

Summer at Harvest Seasonal Grill


Harvest Seasonal Grill is becoming one of my favorite places to grab a bite in the city.  I first went last year with J, where we tried some dishes on their fall menu.  I went back again a few weeks ago unexpectedly and ordered the Spring Scallops (with Fennel, Purple Peruvian Potatoes and Chipotle Orange Sauce).  While the American in me finds the portions to be modest for the price, the courses are always filling and both times I left extremely satisfied.  Coincidentally I went back last weekend on the first day of summer and was able to check out their summer menu.  The weather was great, and it was the perfect day to eat outdoors on their enclosed patio, a beautiful dining space nestled away on a busy street corner.




J ordered the Local Bison Burger.  While I don't eat cheeseburgers I managed to snag a bite before he devoured it, and the bison meat itself was delicious.



The nice thing about coming to Harvest on the weekend is that you can also choose from their brunch menu.  Despite the sound of several appetizing dishes, as a newly converted frenchtoastophile, I ordered the Brioche French Toast which I found to be pretty straightforward and a side of Apple Wood Smoked Bacon.  Anyone close to me knows that I don't like using syrup.  I prefer fresh fruit topping only, for my breakfast breads, something that has gone back to early childhood; however, more of this Lancaster Farms Maple Syrup may make me a believer.  I decided to give it a try since it was there, and it was thin, light, and not nearly as sweet as others I've tried in the past.  Have I converted to becoming a syrup user?  Nope.  However, as a non-syrup lover I found it to be notable, and I willingly dunked a few bits of french toast in the pot.  Big shout out to my waitress for bringing me extra strawberries to enjoy my french toast just the way I like it!


Harvest wouldn't be Harvest if the cunning waitstaff didn't swoop out of nowhere with wooden dessert trays filled with shot glasses full of decadent cakes and creams.  This is a crafty tactic that gets us every time.  You don't have to ask for them, they just know.  They will bring them out explaining a selection with portion sizes that are just right after a filling meal.  Then before you know it they'll whisk the dessert tray back to its den of deliciousness.  It all happens fast, but one of these days I'll make sure to snap a picture of the selection.  While I was full off the french toast, J made room for more, selecting the Key Lime Pie.  I'm not much of a cream pie/cheese cake kind of girl, so the graham cracker base was my favorite part, but J found it all to be refreshing and delicious. 



Bottom line:  Never had a bad experience here. good service, good attitudes, good food.  With a seasonal menu featuring farm fresh and locally grown and prepared food you can never get bored.

Check out their current menu and location information here as well as a review of my first trip to Harvest here.

Linking up with Biana and Meghan.
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. omg all of the food looks amazing, i'm a sucker for mushrooms haha. and that french toast - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The food looks and sounds amazing!!! I am not a huge fan on thick burgers - but bison is so good!! The Oscar Filet sounds delish too...read that off the menu haha! Thanks for linking up doll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, now I want a bison burger and key lime pie! That sounds/looks delicious! And your french toast! I'm hungry :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That french toast looks so good!! Love apple wood smoke bacon!!! Sounds like a yummie meal.

    Best, Mree

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from the link up! I am totally drooling now! Have a fabulous day!

    xo,
    Lindsay

    www.pinkandfabulous.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That food......good thing I am eating lunch otherwise my stomach would be growling looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so up my alley.. if only I was on your coast! :) (And now, I totally want a burger and fries....)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can always keep it in mind if you ever pay it a visit! thanks for reading and stopping by!

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig