Monday, June 9, 2014

Weekending: Flea Market

This weekend was filled with much more than I expected, and while I didn't get home until late the last three days I spent lots of time with my family and had lots of fun.  Saturday morning I headed out to do some consigning, but before that I checked out a local flea market with my mom and niece.  While I wasn't looking for anything in particular, they did have lots of interesting pieces.  I also did something I rarely do anywhere which is buy the first thing I see with no discounts or negotiations.  As soon as we crossed the street I saw this great coffee table, and we promptly purchased it for a whopping $10 bucks! (Picture below).  Initially I was going to leave the original finish; however, I may add a little bit of paint or lacquer to spruce things up a bit...Headed to any flea markets this summer?  Check out these these flea market tips for buying and selling!

I love the look of these old pearls on this dress form.  I can picture it as a part of the decor in a vintage clothing boutique.  I'd never pay $125 for it though, no matter how old it was.  Remember flea market tip #2: Negotiate....

Isn't this basket purse adorable?  It was in excellent condition too, but again the $30 price tag warranted some haggling. 

These are super old, but the bright floral colors are so pretty.  They remind me of the Betsey Johnson Bestyville bags.  

For some reason there were a few vendors with baskets full of patches.  I don't know where they got them all from, but I feel like they would make a good DIY project of some sort.  It's just a matter of figuring out for what.


There were also tons of vintage signs and posters.  These would be cool in a retro burger place.

And here's my latest project.  I have a couple of options.  Use it as a coffee table, or leave it by the door as a bench/table for removing shoes, dropping my bag, etc. when I get home.  Either way, it will be a nice little apartment project and for $10 bucks, it was a total steal.

I hope everyone had a great weekend, and if you have any tips for what to do with this table I'd love to hear about them!  



Weekending

Linking up with Little Miss Monday, BianaMeghan, and Shanna!

SHARE:

5 comments

  1. You can seriously find some hidden gems at the flea market - I haven't been to one in years but the summer is the best time to go!! That little bench is a total steal!! Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the strong man guy and the silver necklace in the top picture!!!! Stopping by from the link up =) Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flea market is where I have gotten some of my favorite pieces of furniture and art for the house. I also love scouring through old jewelry! Thanks for linking up! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all those patches… no idea what to do with them, though, lol. You scored BIG time on that table: it's such a nice shape that it'll go with almost any decor, depending upon how you accessorize/style it. I always have a really hard time painting over wood, but I think a lacquer would really make the detailed legs/base stand out without having to compete with the grain of the wood. Also, I need some haggling tips from you! I never think to negotiate and just walk away if the price isn't right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This flea market looks great, I love all the beautiful and interesting pieces! Thanks for sharing with Little Miss Monday! ;)

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig