Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Life's a Beach

I haven't been to the beach since 2011, so I was definitely looking forward to going to Virginia Beach for the first time last weekend.  When I got there I found an overcrowded beach with sand as hot as blazing coals and no seashells (to my dismay), yet there's something so peaceful about the sea that made it all worth it.  Even though I didn't venture out into the deep, there's something relaxing about just watching the vastness of the ocean, the ebb and flow of the tide, the crashing of the cool saltwater waves across your feet.  If not for the heat, I could have stayed there longer.  It was also a great, new experience to share with a few of the ones I love most.

Drapey Tee in Cheri (J.Crew)
3" Chino Short (J.Crew)
Pearl Open Bangle (J.Crew)
Rose Gold Watch (New York and Company)
Gladiator Sandals, Circus by Sam Edelman (Zappos)
Market Tote (J.Crew)

The first three J.Crew pieces were on crazy good sale a few days before -- already reduced +50% off +15% off student discount.  I'm talking, I got the shorts for $10 bucks good!

Trying to bring "InspirationEle" to the beach.  The first time it got washed away.  The second time, within seconds of me writing it a toddler rolled a truck right through it.

 It was short but sweet while it lasted.  Hopefully I'll have another trip coming up before the summer's over!

Linking up with Sarah @ TuckerUpthe Pleated Poppy, and Madeline.
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Love this look! I have't been to the beach in so long, but I agree with everything you said. Something about it is so peaceful! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you made it to the beach. Before living in Italy YEARS would pass between beach going and now I just can't seem to let a year go by without spending a lot of time near the water. Let's hope you make it back!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to visit the beach in Italy!...I sure wish I could visit more often!

      Delete
  3. I'm hoping to get to the beach soon! It's been too long! Plus, that cheri top is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get there too, and thanks! picked it up just a few days before. Summer sales are the best!

      Delete
  4. Loved reading your post! That toddler that drove his truck trough your sign had no idea he was messing with a fab blogger, lol! I am obsessed with your tote, and feel I need it for my trip to Florida!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog and sharing a laugh today! Enjoy the rest of your day! xo
    Monica
    GlamVolution.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica!...and I recommend it. It has no zipper and little structure, but it's a great bag for just tossing things in especially for the beach. A classic, simple straw bag is def a summer staple. Looking forward to your pictures from Florida!

      Delete
  5. love your tee! looks like a fun day at the beach :)

    would love to invite you to link up as well! --
    Rhea, Et Cetera - Style to Inspire

    happy wednesday!
    rhea | Rhea, Et Cetera

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely summer outfit! I love how you accessorised it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Madeline! Half the pieces I bought a few days before, and I literally grabbed these pieces that morning and threw them together. I actually planned on wearing something else, but it would've been too fussy. I just wanted to be comfortable.

      Delete
  7. Love that t-shirt!! It's so stylish :) That IS crowded! I'm not used to that. Still looks like it was a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelli! and yeah the last beach I went to was in Honduras, and it wasn't nearly as crowded with cool white sand. There was no where to even sit on this beach. Everyone was packed in right next to each other, but they all seemed to be having a good time.

      Delete
    2. Yeah beaches in Mexico always feel crowded but when we went to Costa Rica, it was so calm and quiet. It was awesome!

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig