Sunday, July 20, 2014

Plants, Peaches, and Pleasant Curves




Here's some highlights from my 3 day weekend:

1 // Scouted a few new potentials for my reading list and ordered a few more. 
2 // Picked up a lovely floral rug to add a little color to my neutral pad.
3 // Tending to my plant babies.  These will survive--unlike my last batch.
4 // Found the ultimate living room lamps at Target thanks to my mom's great eye.  I was very resistant to the angled base at first, but looking back it fits perfectly.  Just goes to show how important it is to keep an open mind and look at how things fit together overall, instead of just focusing on the details.
5 // Last day teaching Pre-K Sunday school.  I'm gonna miss my little nuggets!
6 // Went to Whole Foods for $1 soaps.  Left with two coconut soaps for my bird soap dish, donut peaches (the best thing ever! also known as UFO peaches) and strawberries.  Whole Foods Market is like Target, you can't go for just one thing and leave with just one thing.  Smelled the most amazing Citrus Salt Scrub; didn't leave with it at $14.99 a pound, but it's one of the best things I've ever smelled.  I pray it's something that goes on sale!?  
7 // A promising fortune from the universe (fortune cookie): "May life throw you a pleasant curve."

Have a great week everyone!  I hope it throws you one too! 

Linking up with Biana and Meghan.
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I am loving that lamp!! We are looking for new nightstands and lamps and those would be perfect - will have to check out Target!! Thanks for linking up with us!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you definitely should! They had a nice selection.

      Delete
  2. Oooh I love the pattern on that rug! And so jealous of your 3 day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I got it from Anna's Linens for $14.99 to sit under my glass kitchen/dining room table. It's the perfect pop of color.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend! I always love your photos. I've seen that print at Target and like it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes the print is very popular. I've seen it on rugs, bedding, all kinds of things. and thanks Kelli! Blogging has given me something to do with all the random photos I take lol.

      Delete
  4. I love those lamps! So so so pretty! P.S. I dont have a Whole Foods near me and I am dying of jealousy right now! That salt scrub sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I'm so glad I listened...and yes, it smelled amazing! If I ever find the time, I'd love to buy a little and try to recreate it b/c I know I'd use it up too fast. I've never tried Lush but I think they have similar homemade scrubs?

      Delete
  5. I've been looking for a rug for our apartment too - I'm way too indecisive though and keep stalling. This is why my apartment won't ever be completely decorated before I have to move for residency!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I know what you mean! We just want things to look a certain way and still be budget friendly. The struggle is real...That's why for now I'm just making sure I have the basics, I can always slowly add other things later.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a great weekend! And I would have gone crazy with those $1 soaps - sounds like heaven!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig