Friday, July 11, 2014

Serendip

Stumbling upon Serendip was one of my favorite parts of my trip to Virginia.  I initially ran into this boutique to see if they had a bathroom, but serendipity would have it that I found much more than that.  Serendip has such a great collection of home furnishings, art, and novelty items.  I love the mix of neutral, elegantly shaped decor with pops of color, interesting prints and textures, the meeting of the new with the old.  This boutique is full of original work from independent artists and antiques, making it a great place for gifts and conversation pieces.  Anthropologie fans would definitely approve.  Located in the historic Freemason district of Downtown Norfolk, I definitely recommend checking out this shop if you're in the area.   

Outfit Details:
Essential Shirt (The Limited) - Polka Dot Shorts (Target)
Bracelet (J.Crew) - Crossbody Bag (Coach)
Gladiator Sandals, Circus by Same Edelman (Zappos)


Friday Favorites // High Five For Friday // Friday's Fab Favorites

1 // Picked up a fascinating book at the airport.
2 // Apartment shopping!  So many great finds at Target and Ross.
3 // A conversation that led to a stroke of inspiration.  A post for premeds coming soon.
4 // Picked up this amazing crystal nail file from Sephora.
5 // Working on more posts from my Virginia vacation.

Check out more of the home furnishings and all the unique finds Serendip has to offer, and stay tuned for a post on what I came home with!

Thanks for reading and following along!
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. That Oscar Wilde quote is on of my faves I would have loved that tray!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, such a sweet piece! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Such a cute boutique filled with beautiful things! I could spend one whole day inside this store. Love your outfit, white button down, a pair of dotted shorts and sandals is the perfect trip outfit for me. :)

    http://dressingupforme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! that white shirt was a replacement purchase, and it's quickly become one of my favorite pieces. You can never go wrong with a white shirt...and yes, there was so much going on that I was in there for close to an hour, and I know I still didn't see everything!

      Delete
  3. oh i love that oscar wilde thing!! i want. also both mirrors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I love all the details. I didn't check the prices for the mirrors, but I know something so lovely doesn't come cheap. They'll just be dream pieces...for now!

      Delete
  4. Wow what a cute shop!!! And you got the Target shorts!! Yay!!! They are really my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! I thought of you after I got them! on sale for $11.99...btw have you ever tried the shorts at Old Navy? I just bought a pair of black ones during a promo for $8, and I really like those too.

      Delete
  5. Hi Ele! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving comments! I appreciate it! :) Your outfit is very cute, chic and classy. I love shorts with a button down. Also, very cute store and very Anthro as well!

    Cheresa
    www.misshotcouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, it's easy to do with such outfits :-) We're twining with a few of our pieces. Great minds shop a like!

      Delete
  6. Ok THIS store was enough to make me want to visit Virginia!! Seriously. What incredible find and different from the everyday stuff you'd find at a big box store that EVERYONE has in their home. I love the Oscar Wilde quote.....and I really hope someone waits for me , even though I am ALWAYS too long!


    Cute outfit (as usual) and I hope you enjoy the rest of your apartment shopping.

    Angie from reasons to dress, fashion, real mom street style & life as a North American mom in Italy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Angie! I'll definitely be sharing more of both here (outfits and decor). It's a long way from Italy, but let me know if you ever visit. There was much more to do then I realized...and you're worth the wait!

      Delete
  7. everything you snapped a picture of, i would love to have in my house!! great finds. what a cute little store!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? Me too! They have the most unique pieces.

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig