Wednesday, July 16, 2014

What I Wore: Virginia

Here's a little bit of what I wore during my vacation a few weeks ago:

Black Tank and Mossimo Open Cardigan (Target)
Floral Print Skirt, old (H+M)
Nylon Crossbody Pouchette (Dooney and Bourke)
Gladiator Sandals, Circus by Sam Edelman (Zappos)

Patterned Shift Dress (Old Navy)
Mossimo Open Cardigan (Target)
Braided Belt (H+M)
Rose Gold Watch (New York and Company)
Pearl Open Bangle (J.Crew)

Floral Pleated Skirt (New York and Company)
Worn with Essential Buttoned Shirt (The Limited)
Sunburst Necklace (Factory J.Crew)


Flower Eyelet Cotton Dress (Ann Taylor Loft)
Sunburst Necklace (Factory J.Crew)


Crossbody Bag (Coach)

Statement Bracelets (J.Crew)

Floral Scarf (Factory J.Crew)

P.S. Wear pants/shorts to the airport, the tightest you have.  Don't try to be comfortable and wear your 4 in 1 Maxi Dress to the airport.  Security will think you're hiding prohibited items like a nest of rare birds, gallons of liquid, illegal immigrants, etc.  Let's just say things got real personal, and blue nitrile gloves should have been part of my OOTD!

What are your go to vacation looks?  

Thanks for reading and following along! 


SHARE:

18 comments

  1. What great pictures! I love your toenail polish color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Anna Belle! That color was way outside my comfort zone, but I ended up loving it after I tried. I have no clue what color it is though, I picked it out at the salon.

      Delete
  2. I love everything you wore in Virginia especially your jewelry, all of your outfit combos and your red Coach crossbody bag is a classic! Could I just say that I´m wearing coral colored nails today too? ;)

    http://dressingupforme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have great taste ;-) and thank you! I got the bag from a Coach outlet store on crazy sale last month, and I'm so glad I did! I've already gotten so much use out of it. It will def be a year round staple.

      Delete
  3. stopping by from the pleated poppy!! I am in love with that purple belt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lady! picked it up for $6 bucks from H+M. (It's my first H+M belt, but they always have such a huge selection.) and that color is just the right pop for any outfit.

      Delete
  4. I now want a pair of gingham shorts even more! So cute.
    Marie @ In Our Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that floral skirt and your red, white, and blue look! They are so pretty!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! It ended up being my day after fourth of July look. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I love the shorts and collared shirt look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was a comfortable look for exploring the city. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  7. Hahaha, wow sounds like an eventful trip through security! I'm loving your outfits! With all the pretty detailing and bright colors, you're going to be golden this coming year! Also, those dotted shorts are great - I'll have to check at my Target to see if they've got a pair in my size.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a great time. I cannot wait to go on vacation myself, at the end of August - still got a little bit to wait. I love those gladiator sandals - so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that Old Navy dress and H&M belt!

    Ok now what?! I always wear comfy at the airport...especially maxi's! What happened?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the polka dot shorts and that sunburst necklace! cute outfits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Shenine! the necklace was def one of those last minute impulse buys at the register, but it's quickly become one of the pieces I've been wearing on constant repeat.

      Delete
  11. Yikes, sounds like an adventure to get through security, but at least you killed it fashion wise! I love all these looks! I've been on the hunt for a floral pencil skirt for work all summer but haven't found the perfect one yet. That belt is so beautiful, I'll definitely be on the lookout for it next time I go to H&M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Nadia!!! unfortunately the skirt is a few years old, but if I see anything similar I'll gladly send it your way :-)

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig