Wednesday, August 13, 2014

A Big Brown Horse And a...Cherry Bag

Cute dresses were made for putting furniture together.

Okay, so not really but that's pretty much what happened.  With J's help (he did most of the work, but somehow I did enough to get wrinkled) the last of my furniture was up, and we headed out for lunch.  Sometimes the best experiences happen when you drop the plans you have for yourself, and that's exactly what happened.  Originally we were gonna catch a movie (The Hundred-Foot Journey).  Then that turned into a trip to the zoo.  Somehow between both of those we ended up at a farm, Linvilla Orchards, for another day outdoors just walking around, enjoying each other's company, and of course the best thing about Linvilla: the apple cider donuts.

Washed Chambray Dress (J.Crew)
Strappy Sandals (Kenneth Cole via Marshall's)
Crossbody Bag (Coach)



This sweet beauty clearly knows she's not a goat.  She also had tons of personality.  When she saw I called her over without any treats she got a little upset and started stomping one of her feet at me.  I should also add that I don't know anything about horses, and I have no clue whether or not this is a male or female.  

The apple cider donuts did not survive for pictures. 


Linking up with Sarah @ TuckerUpthe Pleated Poppy,  and Madeline.

Thanks to J for capturing all of this :-)

SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Apple cider donuts! So good! I'm not craving a trip to our local apple orchards! I love the detailing on that dress so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really like donuts, but the apple cider ones are MY JAM! love them! I think I would have a problem if I had a chance to go there more often! they also have apple cider slusshies which are just as delicious

      Delete
  2. Love that dress and your photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Stacey! the bf took some great shots!

      Delete
  3. Love the title of this post :) You're the cutest visitor that horse has ever seen!

    Thanks for linking up with Tucker Up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :-) I'm glad someone picked up on the reference!

      Delete
  4. Great dress! Linvilla Orchards is right by where I go to school, but I have never been! My sorority did a hay ride for our bid day last fall, I'm allergic to hay though so I couldn't go! It looks like a great place!

    Kristin
    Crumbs & Curls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You guys should do the corn maze next time. It really is a great place to go in the fall, the scenery and leaves make it even more beautiful and great for taking pictures.

      Delete
  5. Apple cider donuts!? Um, yum. I wish I lived somewhere near an orchard. I LOVE that dress - I would wear it in a second!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, my sister convinced me to get it. I'm glad I did...They also have a farmer's market as well as apple cider slushies which are delicious!

      Delete
  6. Very cute outfit and great pictures! Serendipitous, go-with-the-flow moments are the best :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I'm learning that more and more :-)...and thanks!

      Delete
  7. Ele - that's a cute chambray dress! I was looking forward to seeing the apple cider donuts! Those are also some cute pictures of the animals at the farm!

    www.misshotcouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just talking about the fall fairs coming up with my coworker, I just love going to them. How have I never had an apple cider donut?! I love your dress too, the detailing is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig