Monday, August 4, 2014

Not Gilligan's But Governors

This weekend has been filled with last minute errands and packing, but last weekend was spent enjoying the great outdoors.  J and I took a ferry over to Governors Island.  Neighboring Brooklyn and Lower Manhattan, this place is so huge that I definitely recommend renting/bringing a bike to get around this public space.  Even with one, we didn't get a chance to see everything.  Historical spaces with old buildings and fountains, play areas, public hammocks, sports fields, and mini golf are just a few things you'll find.  The program serves as a venue for all kinds of programming and events; there was a poetry festival going on when we got there.  The park is also a great place for picnicking although they do have a great selection of food trucks.  There was one with sweet and savory hand pies that I'd like to go back and try.  I also had the best frozen mango lemonade at the popup Starbucks cafe.  Unfortunately it may be something specific to the island, because they didn't have it back home.  Either way, the next time you have a few hours to spare in the Big Apple I definitely recommend checking out this place.  Open until the end of September, check out more details on visiting the island here.

 I liked J's outfit so much I decided to do a little ootd of what he was wearing:
 
Sky Slim Fit Washed Oxford (Charles Tyrwhitt)
Gellar Classic Cargo Shorts (Polo Ralph Lauren)
Gold Cup 2-Eye Boat Shoe (Sperry Top-sider)
Champagne Dial Brown Leather Strap Watch (Seiko)
Transit Sling Backpack (Lowepro)
Maddox Belt (Fossil)


J captured some amazing shots with his Canon T3i.

This week will be filled with more packing, a move, and some required reading.  I'm a little off my schedule and won't have internet until Friday, but you can follow me over at Instagram for a few snaps of my weekend and the week to come!  Thank you for reading, and I hope you have a great week! 

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Love the pictures. Such cute outfits.

    And frozen mango lemonade? Yes, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos, Ele!! Y'all are very photogenic! Looked like a fun trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That are some really great photos :) And I love your blouse.

    Alex - Funky Jungle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fun photos - makes me wish I had a trip planned in the near future!
    Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, LOVE the photography in this post and the one previous! The one with the the geese and Lady Liberty in the background is inspired. Hope your orientation went well, and best wishes in your studies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Erica! Luckily my bf was kind enough to take a few shots for my last few posts. Nature shots are kind of his thing, he calls that one "Liberated Flight." and thanks for the well wishes. It's gonna be intense, but I'm excited for class on Monday!

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig