Wednesday, September 17, 2014

{Fine Finds} Good Soap


Beauty? Yes. Empowerment? Yes. Equality? Yes.  I think most people would agree.  I was introduced to Alaffia, a company that supports all three, a few months ago during a trip to Whole Foods.  I saw a tweet about a $1 sale on bar soap, so I thought I'd check it out.  And of course buy strawberries, donut peaches, and a bunch of other things too.  Anyways, what I found was the most delicious smelling coconut soap from an even greater company.


Crafted with fair trade shea butter, this soap was a nice way to mix things up from my usual Bath and Body Works hand soaps.  It's also nice to know I'm supporting a company that does so much good.
"Alaffia advances gender equality, helps to alleviate poverty and enriches lives with authentic beauty products based on fair trade, hand-crafted shea butter.  We pay fair wages to members of our cooperatives in Togo, and use the funds from this soap and other Alaffia products to conduct our community empowerment projects."  
This includes things like maternal health care, environmental, and educational initiatives.  Basically, these are people making good soap and doing good things.
  

It also doesn't hurt that the bar fits perfectly in my dove soap dish from Serendip boutique.  I almost didn't want to use it.  They are many scents to choose from (lavender, vanilla, and mint just to name a few), but the coconut smells amazing.  It's subtle but leaves a refreshing coconut scent on your hands after washing.  Even when it's not on sale it runs for less than $3, and it's worth trying even if just to support some good causes.  You could easily bundle a few of these in some burlap with twine or ribbon for an inexpensive yet thoughtful gift.  Basically, it's good all the way around.  Alaffia also has a face, hair, and skincare line that I'm looking forward to trying.    


Good stuff, I know.  I hope you grab one of these babies at your next trip to Whole Foods, and let me know if you have suggestions for any other Alaffia products!  

What are some of your favorite beauty finds?


Linking up with Kelli and Mia for Monthly Faves!

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I wonder if the Whole Foods near me would stock this brand - it sounds like something that would make a great addition to a housewarming gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing, or even a hostess gift especially with the holidays coming up. I hope you find it!

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig