Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Ginger Cream Cheese Frosting

 

I don't like carrot cake, but I love this carrot cupcake cake.  Seriously, ever have a bad experience with a food and never touch it again?  I can't say that I ever had a "bad" experience with carrot cake, but I've just never found one that I liked until this one.  J's mom was sweet enough to make my mom and I a couple boxes of carrot cake cupcakes.  After one bite, I found that one just wasn't enough.  Even my dad couldn't keep his hands off of them.  So of course, when I find something good I want to share it, so I asked Mrs. Y for the recipe.  Not only did she give me the recipe, but she was also kind enough to whip up this little review to share with you guys.  If you don't make the cake right now, you'll definitely want to save the recipe for later.  Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and this recipe is perfect for the season!


"What better way to enjoy the fall season than to have a delectable dessert!  This cupcake is heavenly, spicy, tasty, yummy and moist.  This is the recipe of Loren Avellino winner of “The Chew Tank” contest.  This is Loren’s way of sharing carrot cake without having to cut it.  If you are watching your calories, this is the recipe for you without forfeiting a delicious taste.  I substituted the unsweetened apple sauce for regular apple sauce.  I did use Neufchatel cream cheese for the frosting; but if you don’t mind the calories you can use regular cream cheese.  The frosting is delightful.  The bottom line is you will not be disappointed, if you like carrot cake.  Don’t forget to share.  Happy Baking!"


Let me know what you think if you try the recipe!
  
What are some of your favorite fall recipes?

Photos: These photos almost didn't happen.  This was the last cupcake.  The other's didn't make it.  They were that good.


Linking up with Delicious Dish Tuesday and Handmade Tuesdays

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. These look really good- I don't know that I've ever had carrot cake, but I know my husband likes it, so these might be a good little recipe to try out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes you definitely should! Let me know if you try it out.

      Delete
  2. They look good, and I love ginger so the ginger cream cheese frosting has me very intrigued!! YUM!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Delicious Dish Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you give it a try, and enjoy it! thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig