Monday, October 27, 2014

Fall into the Gap

Lately my style has been pretty casual, since school doesn't have a dress code except for patient encounters and labs; however, I always feel a little better, a little more focused when I put the tiniest bit of effort into what I'm wearing (more than leggings and a sweater).  Since I haven't done a style post in a while, I figured I'd jump back into the swing of things by sharing a few of the pieces I've been wearing most lately.  Comfort and versatility are two of the factors that have been driving my evolving personal style, and these pieces definitely fit that.  Here's a few of my fall favorites from the Gap:   

{via}
 Cozy Plaid Scarf in Vintage Navy (here)
I have two other Gap scarves from previous years in the same style but in super bright holiday colors, so I'm glad to finally have one in a more neutral palette.  This scarf is seriously like wearing a blanket around your neck, and it's worth every penny.  

 Chelsea Boots in Worker Brown (here)
Brown ankle booties have been on my wardrobe wishlist for a while, but I haven't been able to find a nice pair for my size 10 feet.  I was surprised when I saw them in store, and they fit like a glove.  They're not Madewell, but they're madewell.  I wear them with regular socks, and they don't irritate the sides of my feet when walking or wearing them for an extended period of time.  I'm looking forward to wearing them as much as possible throughout the season before I have to hide the pretty suede from the snow and ice.

 1969 Always Skinny Cords in Palomino Brown (here)
The Always Skinny jean has been a long time staple.  I live in the same two pairs of jeans and black jeggings, so I was glad to add these classic cords to my rotation.  Cords are a seasonal staple that the Gap does right.  If you're looking for a way to change up your look from the typical blue or black jean, these are a great alternative that come in a variety of neutral and fall colors.

{via}
All of these pieces were purchased during a 40% off sale, so I definitely recommend checking back frequently because the Gap is always running a good promotion!

What are some of your fall favorites?


Linking up with WIW
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I'm such a scarf girl and I love that I get to pull out my winter scarves. That navy one of yours is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love every single piece you posted! I just got a really nice jacket from the Gap outlet this weekend- they really do have such great things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Sorry if this is a duplicate comment. For some reason, maybe my rusty computer, my comments have been disappearing from blogs this morning.)

    Have you thought about putting the first pic in a frame near your work desk to remind you of calm, stress-free times when school gets hectic? It's really a beautiful image! I have a similar Gap blanket scarf in red from years ago, like you mentioned, but I really like the navy one. Also, not to be all in your business, lol, but what tea is that you're drinking? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nevermind about the tea flavor. I looked closely and could tell what it was… and picked some up today. Looking forward to trying it :-)

      Delete
    2. Hey! Thank you, and framing the pic is a great idea! I've actually been thinking about creating some kind of photo/inspiration wall after the holidays, so I'll definitely keep that in mind! and I hope you enjoyed the tea! It's one of my favorites, especially during the fall/winter season :-)

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig