Monday, November 24, 2014

Blessin' and Lessons

I feel like it's been forever since I've posted, but I'm glad to be back.  Today is the first day of my second term of med school, and I just want to thank everyone for their prayers and well wishes!  Finals were much better than expected, and last week I had a much needed break.  I got to spend some time with family, go on a few dates with J, and just rest!  I also spent a few days in New York where I got to see another Broadway show and meet Sherri Shepherd---more on this coming soon!

It's funny how this time last year I attempted to take on the massive undertaking of cooking Thanksgiving dinner for my entire family.  I was working full time, but with the extra time I did have cooking became yet another outlet.  I had all these ideas for Thanksgiving decor and recipes, but things didn't turn out as expected.  Luckily they turned out much better with a few of the seasoned Thanksgiving chefs teaching and helping me along the way.  It's amazing how much things can change in one year.  Last year I was learning to bloom where I was planted, praying and waiting for an interview, rediscovering old outlets.  This year, I'm learning about pharmacology.  Either way, I can't be more thankful for all of the lessons and blessings I've experienced along the way.

Being that I have classes up to and including the day before Thanksgiving, I'll be eating and studying more than I'm making.  I've definitely learned that every second counts, and having the end of the week off is the perfect opportunity to catch up on three days of material; however, I wouldn't be myself if I didn't find some way to add my own special touch.  Here's some simple yet elegant and I bet tasty ideas you can whip up last minute to bring a little something extra to your Thanksgiving table.  Shout out to the folks who came up with these ideas, my inspirations.  It's amazing what you can do with a cookie cutter and a little extra dough!

{via}

I hope you all have a relaxing, blessed, and tasty Thanksgiving!  Thank you for all of your support and for reading and following along!  

> Follow me over at Instagram for everyday style and inspo<

Any last minute tips and tricks?  Quick and simple recipes?  I'd love to hear them!   

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig