Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Fearless Fifteen

Peronsalized Tall Drinking Glasses c/o (Personal Creations)
At the end of 2013, I decided that 2014 would be my year to flourish, and I did.  The earliest part of the year was a big lesson in patience, as I interviewed and waited for acceptance into medical school.  I only applied and interviewed at one school (a huge leap of faith), and I had just started my first "big girl job" a few months before.  When you add to that some unexpected medical concerns, you can say I was in a place where things could have gone in several directions.  Or could they? 

I don't believe in accidents.  I don't believe in things happening for no reason.  I know that the events of our lives are so beautifully and divinely ordered for our good, intersecting with the lives of others for the fulfillment of a plan even greater than ourselves.  I also know that that was a run-on sentence, and I purposely do not use "proper" punctuation and sentence structure throughout this post...During this season of waiting, I learned.  I lived.  I enjoyed life.  One of the best parts about blogging is that it gives me a space to record and remember some of the things that bring enjoyment to life.  It keeps all the dates, the finds, the little moments from being forgotten.  Finding beauty in everyday life I shared, and in sharing I connected.

My goal for 2015 is to continue to do the same.  To connect.  To be present.  To flourish in the waiting.  It will also be a year in which fear no longer holds me back.  One of the things late 2013 and 2014 has shown me is to do the very things that scare you.  Become comfortable with being uncomfortable.  It will only last a minute, and that's where your growth lies.

Thank you for reading, commenting, and following along.  Again in creating this little space for myself, I've connected with others; the sense of community and seeds of friendship mean more than you know.  As I learn, I teach.  As I find, I share.  As I grow closer to the Creator, I create.  Seeking a life inspired, sharing it along the way.  Inspirationele.
 
Wishing you all a happy and fearless fifteen!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Love, love, love this! You truly are an inspiration. I'm so thankful to have followed along with you this past year and I can't wait to see the great things that 2015 has in store for you! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much! Wishing all the best to you too, happy new year!

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig