Friday, December 5, 2014

November Favorites

After a bit of a blogging hiatus last month, I figured what better way to catch up and reflect then to share some of my favorite things and moments of the month.
Favorite Purchases

Bean Boots.  I ordered them in October for my birthday, and I finally got them last month.  Depending on what size you wear, they're most likely on back order until February, maybe even later (this is what happened to me last year, so I waited again); however, you can definitely get something similar from Sperry like these or these.  They're great for when I don't want to wear my tall, heavy rain boots in the rain or snow.
  
Chunky Knit Infinity Scarf.  I took advantage of the free two day shipping promo at Old Navy and ordered a ton of stuff, knowing that I would only keep maybe a few pieces.  This scarf was definitely on the keep list.  If I'm not wearing it outside, I'm wearing it inside and probably to sleep.  It's become one of my go to pieces, and if you can get it during a promotion I think it's pretty nice for the price.

Quilted Tweed Vest.  I've seen some others vests trending this season that are fun yet much thinner and 2-3 times the price.  On the other hand, this Old Navy vest is fleece lined with a more substantial filling.  It's extremely warm and with the classic black or brown tweed fabric it's timeless, definitely the kind of piece you can keep for years.  Doesn't hurt either that it's a fraction of the cost!  I definitely consider it underpriced for the quality, compared to others I've seen.  It also comes in plus and maternity sizes.

Crown Vintage Aubrie Riding Boot.  I've been looking for a pair of brown boots to replace a pair that I've had for over five years.  While I've never heard of this brand, the quality is pretty good, especially compared to other boots I've seen at a similar price point.  They're real leather with a nice weight to them; the sole can be easily replaced after wear.  Luckily I was able to catch them on a promotion and use rewards points to offset the cost.  DSW coupons are not the easiest to find, but they do have promotions on occasion, so keep your eyes open; make sure you join their rewards club.  It's free, and you can earn cash credits towards future purchases. 
Favorite Moments

Finally burning this delicious smelling soy candle I bought months ago at Francesca's on sale for $10!  I was saving it since I stocked up on a few seasonal candles from Bath and Body Works back in September, but doing a deep clean of my apartment was the perfect time for letting this refreshing scent burn.  Slow mornings after finals, enjoying a cup of tea and doing nothing.  Guiltless web surfing.  Catching up on some much needed sleep.  Time with my family.  Seeing how much my youngest niece and nephew have grown in just a few months.  Individual sized Martinelli's post Thanksgiving dinner.  Good night sleeps.
 Favorite Getaway

This was actually my only getaway, but it was a much needed change of pace and environment.  I needed the break to spend some quality time with my mom and J at the end of the trimester.  While I've been to New York many times, it was my first stay at the Westin; I recommend it especially if it's your first time visiting the city.  And how cute is the hotel stationary and soap?  I haven't touched my watercolors since July/August, and these are definitely inspiring me to find some time to pick them back up in the new year.
Seeing Cinderella on Broadway staring KeKe Palmer.  When I saw the show Sherri Shepherd was playing the stepmother, but now NeNe Leakes has resumed the role.  It will be playing at the Broadway Theater in New York until January 3, and I definitely recommend seeing it if you can.  In the stage play the story line takes a slight twist, but you can expect the same happy ending.
Favorite Season

Coming back home to decorate, starting my second trimester of medical school, preparing for the next season, and the last month of the year.  Extremely blessed.  Overjoyed.  "Rested."  Loved.  Inspired.  

Have a great weekend! 


Linking up with Monthly Faves // Friday Favorites

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. LOVE your bean boots!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Darcy! They were definitely a practical purchase, something that can be kept for years.

      Delete
  2. So I'm waaaaaaaaay late in commenting on this but I just came across it! I really like those boots and that scarf. You have such amazing style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's ok Kelli! Thanks, and I hope all is well with you!

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig