Friday, January 9, 2015

Style Staples // Accessories


Quality not quantity.  One of my goals for the new year is to edit my wardrobe, keeping this in mind.  This year I want to dress well with less for less.  Over the last year or two I've become more comfortable with parting with items that I don't wear, that are damaged, and ill fitting.  As I continue my editing, I've found that I don't need as much variety as I once thought.  It's not how much you have, it's how you use what you have.  Keeping this is mind there are certain timeless pieces that will give you more versatility than others.  When it comes to achieving certain looks and dressing for certain occasions, some things will give you more bang for your buck.  Over the next...(however long it takes!), I'll be sharing my picks as well as some styling inspiration starting with accessory basics!   

Scarves
Black + Solid Color
Leopard + Striped
Plaid + Patterned

Jewelry
Pearls - Studs - Hoops - Colored - Personalized
Watch - Cuff - Statement Necklace - Simple Necklace

Bags
Casual Tote + Dress Tote
Casual Clutch + Formal Clutch
Straw Bag + Weekender
"Transport" Tote
Cross-body Bag
Classic Handbag
Colored Bag

Shoes
Neutrals: pumps and flats in black and nude
Ballet Flats: red + leopard print
 Boots: riding boot, ankle boot, dress boot
Wild Cards: metallic + brogues
Sandals: casual + formal + espadrilles 
Sneakers: gym + casual
Weather: rain, snow, cold

Other
Belts + Cap + Fedora
  
 As I get older my style is definitely becoming more about dressing well with less for less, although sometimes that involves spending a little more at first for quality pieces that will last.  What are some of your style goals?  What are your "go to" accessories, any favorites?


Leopard Scarf // J. Crew
Solid Scarf // Wet Seal 
Striped Scarf // Forever21
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig