Thursday, March 5, 2015

Plaid and Leather

Here's a look at what I wore last Saturday when J and I took a little trip to the Brooklyn Museum.  I've had most of these pieces for a while, continuing to find ways to remix existing pieces.  With this blustery Northeast winter that definitely involves layering!    

This look includes a few pieces I consider to be style staples for accessories, basic pieces to simplify your wardrobe yet achieve many different looks.  These include a plaid scarf, ankle boots, casual tote, and gold watch. 

Embellished Sweater (J.Crew)
Chambray Shirt (Old Navy)
Blanket Scarf (Target) - great styling tutorial here
Skinny Ponte Knit Pants - an old favorite (Celebrity Pink Jeans)
Chelsea Booties (Gap)
Textured Faux-Leather Tote - a new favorite (Old Navy)
Georgia Three-Hand Leather Watch - same style (Fossil)
Bracelet (Alex and Ani)


Stay tuned for more bits of our trip to the Brooklyn Museum captured by J's great photography, including a look at some Killer Heels, Michael Jackson on a horse, and 
one of the most important art exhibits of our time.

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I love all of your layering looks including the ones on instagram-every time I attempt to layer I just end up looking really uncomfortable. Does your guy live in NY or do y'all just visit there often

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmine! My outfits always come out the best when I try least, so don't think about it. Don't worry you have great style :-) And yes he lives in NY right now, but he'll be moving back to me soon enough!

      Delete
  2. I love your plaid scarf! It adds a really fun pop of color to the whole outfit!
    FYI, your pics are beautiful! Officially following on Bloglovin' :-)

    Alysia Ave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Alysia! That scarf has been one of my most worn pieces, and it's from Target!

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig