Monday, March 2, 2015

Reduce. Reuse. Recycle.


It's the most dangerous place on Earth.  Target.  We've all fallen victim.  You go there for toothpaste and leave with a new scarf.  You go for toilet paper and leave with new pillows or nail polish.  Naturally knowing this, I made a post finals trip there to buy some blank note cards from the "Dollar Spot" and found the cutest glass jar.  The only problem was the price.  I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but I just can't justify spending $3 for something I throw away all the time.  Then I realized I probably already have a kitchen full of solutions for my organization needs.

A sucker for pretty packaging, this Harney & Son's Tea comes in a beautiful metal tin perfect for reusing.  This is exactly why I purchased it months ago.  Not only is the tea one of my favorites, but the container has become perfect for storing loose bags.  I'd been saving the pint container from some Talenti sorbetto (cleaned well with soap and water); this was just the right size for my Washi tape collection.  This made me look at the empty jar of Tikka Masala sauce I had.  I thought the slender jar may come in handy for something, and I was right.  It's the perfect width and height for storing paper straws in the cabinet.  So, if I can leave you with any organization tip it's to start with what you have.  You may not even need to look past the kitchen "trash" to find everyday solutions without spending an extra dime.

What are some of your organization tips and tricks?
Leave them in the comments below!

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Haha Target is a black hole for me - never fails to suck me in!! I love finding new ways to use old stuff. It's so necessary when you're a broke med student! Great tip :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! and I know, I do my best to skimp and save where I can so I have a little to save and enjoy for other things.

      Delete
  2. The dollar spot gets me every time. I almost walked out with $12 worth of 'cute' jars and baskets yesterday until I realized I could spend those $12 on something i REALLY wanted. So I bought something else instead...haha not a perfect solution but I have a hard time realizing how much STUFF I bring in to my apartment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know! It is really good for gift wrapping supplies and stationary though, I just try to be mindful of what I'm buying but it can be tough!

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig