Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Tips // How to Dress Up Canned Soup


While most canned soups contain two servings, I've definitely ate both especially when I'm really hungry.  One trick that I've found to thicken up the pot and stretch one can to two meals is to add a cup of frozen vegetables.  Especially as a student when you're low on time and groceries, you can do wonders with a can of soup.  Of course freshly cooked meals with fresh ingredients are ideal; however, there are things you can do like mixing in a bunch of veggies or adding a salad to make it a little bit healthier.  With creamy or gravy based soups, you can even fix it with a potato, or serve it over rice.  I usually don't add any extra salt since canned food usually has enough.  Adding a little fresh cracked pepper or green onion to top it off is all you need to spruce things up for a quick and easy meal.  

I'm sure they sell this many places, but I found this one at Target.  Fresh cracked pepper is one of my favorite toppings.  It really does give food a different taste!

What tips or tricks do you use to whip up a meal in a crunch?  Recipes are welcome! 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I really enjoyed the post Ele, I'm always looking for quick time-saving money-saving meals. This looks perfect for one of those study nights where you just don't have time to waste

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmine, I'm glad you found it helpful. I've been trying to get back into the habit of freezing a little of what I make as a backup because I ran through everything by the end finals last semester. Keeping cans of soup and frozen veggies definitely comes in handy!

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig