Monday, April 20, 2015

Petits Fours // volume 1

a space for the week's sweet little finds, thoughts, and savory moments.  not quite enough for a full post, just a little appetizer...petits fours

Petits Fours // volume 1

1 // The brightest, most impractically colored spring sneakers that I'm wearing on repeat.  Less than $40 and perfect for brightening up a neutral wardrobe with a bit of cheer. 

2 // Target sales that totally justify trying new flavors.  These bags will be right at home in this sweet little dish, a must have for all my tea drinking friends.  

3 // A long awaited yet disappointing Ipsy bag.  I wanted some "happy mail," a nice little surprise each month in the middle of studying.  A way to branch out from my very basic beauty routine, but I was a bit disappointed.  Ninety percent of my beauty products come from Walgreens, so I'm not "bougie" in the least; however, what I got was a bunch of small products from companies I've never heard of, three of which I would never put on my skin.  The nail polish and pouch are the only things I'd actually use, and I wouldn't pay $10 for them.  That's not to say that I'm discouraging anyone from trying an Ipsy subscription.  Many people like Kelli have had a much more positive experience with the company so do consider other reviews.  If the products actually work for you, it's not bad for the $10; you can at build up quite the cosmetic bag collection in the process.  In the meantime, I'm hoping for better luck with Birchbox.

4 // The happiest, prettiest nail polish I ever did see.  I picked this up on a whim last weekend, and I'm so glad I did.  I don't wear nail polish very often, but this Revlon color (Provocative) has totally made me a believer.  I only used two coats + one clear top coat, and the polish has lasted since Wednesday with no chipping.  Since it's on sale for less than $3 I may even try another color or two.

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Ah man I'm sorry that you were disappointed with your Ipsy bag :( I definitely get some stuff that I would absolutely not use - like a face oil once. Huh?! I did like the April makeup bag though. I got the nail polish but haven't used it yet. I got the eye shadow but haven't used it. I did get two really great things in it that month though...an eye primer and a chapstick that I love! I wish you had gotten that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah me too!! I may give it another month or two just to try. I'm hoping for some home stuff and more lip and hair products!

      Delete
  2. oh my gosh, cutest name for a blog post. just saying.

    as for nail polish, i go in and out of phases. i love getting gel manicures but hate how they wear after a few weeks - ugh! and they're expensive to maintain.

    love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Taylor! that's my least favorite part too, the chipping but these held up for about a week. I've never tried gel manicures, but I just may have to!

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig