Friday, June 19, 2015

Decor: Updates and Inspiration

some Goodwill gems
I remember the excitement of moving into a new place like it was yesterday.  As much as I was excited to start medical school, I was also looking forward to decorating a place of my own.  I had big ideas, but reality, space and budget quickly set in.  I found that I didn't leave myself much time for any of the projects I had hoped to complete by working right up until orientation.  With a couple of months off right now, I'll be sprucing the place up with some art, new plants, and DIYs.  I have so many passions and interests, but one of them is definitely decorating.


In addition to finding a way to incorporate some bright colors and patterns into an otherwise neutral space, I'm also looking at reorganizing my space to improve functionality and visual appeal.  I think these agate bookends would be a great way to hold up the growing book collection on my mantle.  While I may end up buying a few new items, I'll definitely be looking forward to ways to organize and update for less or even free by reusing and recycling.  A little sprucing up of my outdoor space with a little color may even include a DIY version of this nautical garland.

Check out more of my decor and organizing inspiration here.  And be sure to leave a link to your decor posts and Pinterest boards below! I'd love to see your ideas! 
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I'm with you! So excited to be moving soon (2 weeks!), but my budget is killing me! I have become obsessed with decorating lately - I definitely agree on the neutral spaces with pops of color/pattern. This also makes a great blank space for holiday decorating :) I hope to see some more posts on this from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so late lol, you're probably already settled! Lol! I can't wait to see all your updates and how everything comes together! Xx

      Delete
  2. Those are some beautiful patterns on the blankets!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig