Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Easy, Breezy

It's been far too long since my last post, but I'm glad to say I've finished my first year of medical school and am returning to blogging again!  I'll be sharing much more about this overwhelming yet great experience in the weeks to come, but to get back into the swing of things I'm sharing an outfit I wore this past weekend.  

dress // old navy
necklace // factory j.crew
cardigan // factory j.crew
denim jacket // gap (thrifted, similar)
sandals // american eagle (save splurge)
clutch // old navy (nearly identical)

This look is a bit different from my others in the sense that many of the items are still available.  Most of my wardrobe consists of things I've had for quite some time, sale pieces, or thrifted items; however, medical school has made me a bit of an online shopper, and over the past few weeks I treated myself to a few new pieces.  It's so easy to get caught up in the latest trends and designer pieces, but I recommend sticking with the basics.  You can never go wrong with a white linen dress, cognac accessories, and a denim jacket--classic pieces you can wear a variety of ways and keep for many seasons. 

Shop my look below:
On a different note, thanks so much for all your support, encouragement, and understanding!  After taking a month off, I'm definitely looking forward to sharing all I've been up to and bits of my "last" free summer!  Until then be sure to follow me over on Instagram for daily inspiration, life & style in between posts!  

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Such a sweet summer outfit! Especially love the sandals.Congrats on completing your first year of medical school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Brianna! I bought them during an amazing sale at the end of last summer, and since it's gotten warm enough I haven't stopped wearing them!

      Delete
  2. Welcome Back! I hope that you will be able to post more because I love reading them. Btw those sandals are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jasmine, I really appreciate that! I always look forward to your posts and seeing all your latest adventures as well :-)

      Delete
  3. Great post friend! Really great tips! So excited for you and this big accomplishment as well!💛

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Alexis! Much love girl! xx

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig