Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Green Thumb In Progress

Remember when I said, "plant something to keep throughout the journey"?  Well, I've planted multiple things throughout my journey, and only the faux survived.  Growing up with a mother who loves gardening and plants, I've definitely inherited her passion, but not her green thumb.  I've lost several plants over the last year, including this succulent purchased only a few weeks ago; however, I won't give up.  I continue to try again.  At the same time, I'm exercising a bit more wisdom this time around and focusing on the joy of faux plants in lieu of buying more living.  I have one of these in my bedroom and bathroom, but my favorite is this new addition.  Especially with my current schedule, I think it's best I limit my living plants to a number I can better manage; at this time, that's just two: my "long standing" corn plant and a replacement aloe.

Here are a few more favorites:

What are some of your favorite house plants?  Any tips on how to cultivate my green thumb and keep them alive? 

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I LOVE green plants.. Nothing against flowers because I love them as well, but I love a beautiful peace lily or ivory plant. And succulents are adorable as well as aloe plants. I like to think that I have a pretty green thumb but with my type of lifestyle, I gravitate more towards "forgiving" plants like the ones that I've mentioned.

    I do plan on starting an herb garden in my kitchen in the upcoming weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A herb garden sounds amazing! Certainly on my list of house goals, but again one thing at a time for me. I don't think I have quite enough natural lighting or patience just yet, but having bunches of fresh basil, parsley, mint and rosemary would be amazing to cook with. Good luck!

      Delete
  2. I love succulents, they are so easy! And we got some sort of palm plant at Home Depot (I wish I knew the name but I threw away the little card that comes with it) and it is the EASIEST thing to take care of, but it's a decent size and adds so much green and brightness to the room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, succulents are adorable but I haven't learned how to care for them just right yet. And thanks I'll have to look into that palm plant. When it comes to plants, "easy" is just what I need lol!

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig