Monday, October 5, 2015

Life Lately (10.5.15)


My second year of medical school has been off to a great start.  Lots of prayer, positive thinking, and adjusted study habits later, and thank God, I'm in a better place than I was this time last year.  So much still lies ahead, but I'm thankful to finally begin to see some of my work pay off and so grateful for all the opportunities I have.

After a few unsuccessful alternatives, finally took the plunge and purchased these, totally changing my study game forever.

Became a mentor to high school students.

Got my first car!...and overcame my fear of pumping my own gas!!!  Maybe the last part doesn't sound like such a big deal, but due to a childhood mishap I've had a bit of a phobia of pumping gas. 

Tried Essie nail lacquer for the first time and loved it!  My favorite (and only) colors so far are Lady Like and Topless and Barefoot.  Despite the name of the second one, they'll both be great colors for me to rotate between when I have to dress professionally.

Major closet cleaning, organization, and a love affair with these laundry and
cleaning products. 

Bought some new new plants, lost a new plant.

Early (26th) birthday presents.

My first batch of apple cider donuts. 

And many answered prayers!

I also hit 500 followers on Instagram! So much inspiration, tips, positivity and connections shared with you "insta-friends," so big thanks and much love to you all for all the support with this "micro-blog."  And if you don't already, join in and follow along!  



SHARE:

4 comments

  1. So glad to see things are going well for you Ele. Missed you in the blogsphere

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Jasmine that means a lot! Learning how to balance all the different demands is sometimes challenging, but I need this little place too for a bit of creative stress relief.

      Delete
  2. A mentor to high school students -- that's so honorable. And our youth definitely needs that.

    I absolutel love nude colors but I havent gotten the chance to even want to do my nails or get them done.

    And I've heard so many good things about Meyer's but havent gotten around to trying it.

    Congrats on buying your car. That was my first big girl purchase after my apartment and I was nervous and excited all at the same time. That's big and you should be quite proud of yourself.

    And most importantly, I hope you've enjoyed your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A mentor to high school students -- that's so honorable. And our youth definitely needs that.

    I absolutel love nude colors but I havent gotten the chance to even want to do my nails or get them done.

    And I've heard so many good things about Meyer's but havent gotten around to trying it.

    Congrats on buying your car. That was my first big girl purchase after my apartment and I was nervous and excited all at the same time. That's big and you should be quite proud of yourself.

    And most importantly, I hope you've enjoyed your birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig