Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Recipe // Cookie Butter

Chicken curry and cookie butter.  This sounds like the most unlikely pairing, but I guarantee you they have something in common.  Cream.  A big fan of cookie butter, but not the Speculoos cookie itself, I was ecstatic to stumble across this recipe for this classic, making use of a box of old cookies and some leftover cream in the process (I was trying out a curry recipe that called for cream.)

Ingredients
A box of Speculoos 
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1/4 cup of half-and-half

Now, you'll notice I made a few substitutions based on the ingredients I actually had: Speculoos instead of the Biscotti, dark brown sugar instead of packed brown sugar (what's the difference anyway?), and half-and-half instead of heavy cream because it was less expensive and less fat.  However, given all those switches and being quite familiar with the original cookie butter taste, I'd say this recipe came pretty darn close.  I basically just blended everything together in a food processor starting with the cookies and added the other two ingredients in sequence.  You may also need to add a splash more cream to achieve your desired thickness.  While I'll continue buying the Trader Joe's original since I won't be buying any more of the cookies to make it, it's definitely something fun to try if you have the ingredients on hand.  At the same time, the recipe is so simple that I think it's worth trying again with different types of cookies to come up with some new flavors.

What are some of your favorite snack spreads?  
Try any other brands or flavors of cookie butter? 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. sounds really unusual! will have to give the recipe a try sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig