Sunday, November 27, 2016

Sunday's Best (11.27.16)


LIFE
>>Here's a quick read that offers some good suggestions on how to get your day off to a great start.  My days usually begin with fighting sleep to read a devotion (I really like the ones from this app.), quick prayer, shower, and breakfast during my commute.  However, I'd like to be a bit more intentional and establish a morning routine that's a bit less rushed and includes at least a few minutes of physical activity.

STYLE
>>I did very little Black Friday shopping; the little I did do was from my computer. After wanting to try out some Sorel snow boots for a while, I took advantage of a 40% off sale and decided to try these similar but much more budget friendly all weather boots from American Eagle.  Hopefully they fit!

>>I also ordered another satin lined cap, great for protecting your hair during sleep, cold weather, and "bad hair days."   

FINDS
>>While I like the idea of these survival kits, I have a hard time getting myself to commit to the usual $20+ price tag.  I'll be adding a DIY attempt at creating one of these for a fraction of the cost to my "to-do" list for winter break.

>>Fox and Clover have a hilarious collection of doormats, and this one referencing the 90s hit would make a great gift for the friend in medicine, especially if their daily uniform prove otherwise.  This one referencing the Christmas classic, Home Alone, is my personal favorite. 

>>My favorite gifts are sentimental, useful or practical.  This gold wishbone keychain is just that.  It's something the recipent would definitely use everyday, and I love the subtle reminder to take chances.  Say yes to new adventures.

INSPIRATION
>>A sweet reminder today from a new friend to keep going.  You may not be where you want to be, but things are not as bad as you think.  "You are doing better than you think you are.  God is doing more than you think he is."

ELE
>> My third year of medical school seems to be zooming by, and I wouldn't mind it slowing down just a tiny bit.  I have three more weeks on my Cardiology elective rotation then I'll be completely finished with my Internal Medicine block.  I'm definitely looking forward to having my days free to do some reviewing and spend time with my family and boyfriend during Christmas break.  Until then I'll be preparing for my shelf exam and continuing my quest to master reading EKGs!


What were some of your favorite shopping finds this weekend?

In between posts, you can find me hanging out here ;-)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig