Wednesday, May 10, 2017

inspiration (wedding): Getting Started


Planning a wedding is no joke.  Planning a wedding while in medical school/graduate school is no joke.  Going into this process I knew one of the most important things would be to stay organized.  I already have a million email addresses and online files and folders that are a mess...I mean, a work in progress.  Especially as I prepare to apply to residency and scheduling elective rotations, I've noted the importance of staying organized early on.  Yes, there are websites with printable checklists and templates, but it's so much easier to have a physical copy already printed with tabs and pockets ready to go.  For less than $12 you really can't beat the price.  This wedding planner guide covers everything, and it instantly gave me peace of mind that I wouldn't forget anything and everything would stay organized throughout this process.    


It can be tempting to want to tackle every detail, especially the visual aspects (flowers, decor, etc.), early on.  However, four months into the process I've found that following a strict timeline has reduced the stress of the process considerably.  

So far we've checked off the wedding/reception venue, colors, wedding dress and shoes, my fiance's tux, officiant, bridal party, registry, and photographer.  Our next priorities will be the "save the dates," videographer, band/DJ, and transportation.  Little by little we're getting there.  I'm looking forward to sharing more tips for saving, simplifying, maintaining sanity and some of my favorite finds as we go along.

What are some of your favorite wedding planning tips and resources? 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig