Monday, June 19, 2017

Beyond Fear and the Year

Trying out the bullet journal system with this notebook + some recreational reading to get the creative juices flowing.

It's amazing how fast my third year went by.  As exciting as it is, there's a little part of me that wasn't too excited about fourth year and all the new expectations, change, and uncertainty.  However, now that I'm through with my last core rotation and just weeks away from electives I find myself getting excited again.  In less than two weeks I'll be finished with Level 2 and my last shelf exam.  While I still have to take the clinical skills portion of the medical board exam, it's such a great feeling to know that aside from any assigned readings, my free time can be spent reading and studying the topics of my choice.  It will be so refreshing to be able to study without the pressure of knowing there's an exam four weeks away.  I'm also looking forward to picking up my recreational reading and hobbies again.  While I've managed to express bits of my creativity through cooking (a necessity) amd a few small projects here and there, I do feel like this part of me has taken one of the greatest hits over the last few years.  Balance and self care is something that has been a challenge for me and continues to be something I work on daily, but I'm glad I'll have a little more time to spend in this area.  That being said the rest of the year certaintly won't be a vacation.  In less than a month I'll be submitting my residency application, followed by "auditions" and interviews; however, compared to the constant adjustment to different specialties of third year, it will be nice to spend most of the year focusing on management as a future family physician.  That being said, with this specialty you pretty much have to be in touch with all of the specialties; however, I'm looking forward to taking what I can from my electives in other areas to best serve my future patients.

I'm also looking forward to sharing my experience and tips for each core rotation as well as more wedding guides and updates, so stick around!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. My creativity took a massive hit throughout medical school. For a while, I thought it didn't matter, but it really really does. Good luck with your exams!!
    Mind The Medic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely does! But it feels good to get back into the swing of things, so I still have this space as an outlet.

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig